The key to switching out rigs easily is the swivel. A few simple rigs provide enough variety for hours of fishing fun. Once we tie a swivel on the end of our line, trying new rigs will be simple. Since we’ve just changed the line on a rod and reel, it’s the perfect time to tie a swivel on the end.
The Berkley Braid
The Berkley Braid is one of the strongest knots we can use. The swivel at the end of the line will hold a variety of rigs, and hopefully help haul in many fish.
1) Double up the line holding the end loop in one hand and the swivel in the other.
2) Thread the loop through the small loop on the swivel.
3) Double the loop back along the main line. There are now two adjacent double lines.
5) Thread the end of the loop, now very small, through the gap next to the eye of the swivel.
6) Tighten the knot.
7) Clip the loose line, including the end loop
We now have a Rod ready to support multiple rigs. The fish are waiting!